Holiday in the Park is coming and it’s bigger and better than ever before!
This Friday, Magnolia Blvd will be closed down for 9 blocks from Hollywood Way to Florence Street and down the side streets to the allies.
The event which has been put on by the Magnolia Park Merchants Association, a non-profit run by Magnolia Park store owners, for the last few years is excited to have been able to close the street down and create a more enjoyable and safe event for the community.
President and Founder of the Magnolia Park Merchants Association, Ashley Erikson, gave us 10 reasons why this year is going to be better than ever!
1. The street will be closed! The community is free to roam the street as they please allowing dogs, children, strollers, and families to feel safe and have fun during the event.
2. Food! The association encourages you to dine at all of the Magnolia Park restaurants like Romancing the Bean, The New Deal, Portos Bakery, Monte Carlo Deli, Yummy Cupcakes, and MeneSweet, but if you can’t get a seat there, you can dine at your choice of 14 food trucks that will be placed down the side streets of the event.
3. Snow! The Brad Korb Real Estate Group is sponsoring the snow play area at Ume Credit Union with even more snow then ever before!
4. Kid Zone! South Hills Burbank is sponsoring a whole block of family fun including bounce houses, a craft area, parent resting area, and bubbles!
5. Character Photo Ops! Stop by the Blast in the Past parking lot for tons of character meet and greets including the Grinch, Rocketeer, Anna and Elsa! Ume Credit Union will have free photos with Santa & Mrs. Claus, Dark Delicacies will have Krampus and It’s a Wrap will have Frosty the Snowman.
6. Live Performances! Every block will be filled with music or dancing. Stores will have live musicians in front of their stores, while Worship Walk will be hosting dance performances by Garri Dance studio all night long! The Bank of America lot will also have a stage sponsored by the Boys & Girls Club of Burbank with performances all night from local musicians and a live band will be out front of the Magnolia Park United Methodist Church.
7. It’s all about the community! In the middle of the street you’ll find Magnolia Park merchant tables, non profit organizations and City of Burbank organizations. Hop from table to table to learn more about the Burbank Recycling Center, the Burbank Public Library, local schools, the Volunteers of the Burbank Animal Shelter, and more!
8. Car Show! The entire block between California and Fairview will host a unique car show.
9. FREE Magnolia Park Bags! Some volunteers will be walking around passing out Magnolia Park reusable tote bags sponsored by local Magnolia Park stores.
10. Burbank Police, Fire and SWAT will be on the block between Cordova and Avon with their vehicles on display for kids to take pictures with. Stop by and say hello and give a thank you to all the men and women who keep Burbank safe.