Burbank officials have closed the DeBell Golf Course until further notice after winds caused damage to the grounds. While there was no real significant property damage, their netting was damaged and several trees were down throughout the course, as well as debris scattered everywhere.
In other parts of the city, Burbank got through well with the following problems found:
- There were about 30 calls for service throughout the night for electrical related issues such as wires down, arcing wires, and transformer explosions.
- Four to five trees fell into power lines or structures.
- A large canopy from the YMCA Christmas Tree lot blew off the lot and covered a light standard and parts of the road.
- Some traffic signals heads turned direction and the metal roof at the Public Service Yard started to lift off the structure.
- As of 7:37 Thursday morning, about 50 Burbank Water and Power customers were still without power from the winds. Crews are currently working to restore power to all.
UPDATE at 2:44 pm
Keith Sterling of the Public Information Office has the following report from the Forestry Division….
“We have 4 trees down at Bel Aire Ballfield, 4 trees down at Whitnall North, 2 trees down at Whitnall South, 2 trees down on Chandler Bikeway, 1 tree down at Johnny Carson and a tremendous amount of broken branches, leaf litter and debris throughout all the parks”.