The construction activities and closures listed below will occur December 22-24, 2014, as part of the I-5 Empire Project in Burbank, a series of freeway improvements between Magnolia Boulevard and Buena Vista Street. There will be NO construction activities or closures on December 25 and 26. All of the work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise specified.
More information about the project is here. Construction activities and closures are subject to change.
Major Construction Activities for Dec. 22-24, 2014
- Leland Way Channel Cap: Drilling operation. Placement of roadway markings (one-way arrows). Flaggers will be on site if needed to ensure street and driveway access at all times. Work may be delayed due to rain.
NOTE: Leland Way is now a ONE-WAY STREET (temporarily). Motorists may travel in a northerly direction only, as directed by signage. Also, parking restrictions are now in effect. More info is here.
- Retaining wall work near the southbound I-5 Buena Vista Street off-ramp. [NIGHT WORK]
- Signage operation at the southbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard off-ramp.
- Utility removal/relocation operation near the closed southbound I-5 Scott Road off-ramp.
Please be attentive to closures, slow down, and watch for workers in construction zones.
What to Expect: Residents and businesses close to the freeway may notice vibration and construction noise, but it will not exceed levels permitted by state, federal and local regulations. Also, the contractor is using approved dust-control measures to minimize airborne particles, but some dust is expected.
Additionally, motorists should be attentive to new traffic patterns created by restriping of travel lanes and concrete barriers. Please proceed cautiously and watch for workers.
Closures for Dec. 22-24, 2014
- Up to two lanes of southbound I-5 between Hollywood Way and Buena Vista Street will be closed between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Resources for Motorists
- Project Information: Information about the project is here.