The construction activities and closures listed below will occur January 5-9, 2015, as part of the I-5 Empire Project in Burbank, a series of freeway improvements between Magnolia Boulevard and Buena Vista Street. All of the work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise specified.
More information about the project is here. Construction activities and closures are subject to change.
Major Construction Activities for January 5-9, 2015
- Leland Way Channel Cap: Drilling operation. Flaggers will be on site if needed to ensure street and driveway access at all times.
- Crushing of material stockpiled at the former southbound I-5 Scott Road off-ramp. Crushed material will be used to backfill the southbound I-5 Buena Vista Street off-ramp.
- Backfilling of the retaining wall between Hollywood Way and the southbound I-5 Buena Vista Street off-ramp (night work).
- Forming and pouring retaining walls at the southbound I-5 Buena Vista on-ramp (night work).
- Utility removal/relocation operation near the closed southbound I-5 Scott Road off-ramp.
What to Expect: Residents and businesses close to the freeway may notice vibration and construction noise, but it will not exceed levels permitted by state, federal and local regulations. Also, the contractor is using approved dust-control measures to minimize airborne particles, but some dust is expected.
Please be attentive to closures, slow down, and watch for workers in construction zones.
Additionally, motorists should be attentive to new traffic patterns created by restriping of travel lanes and concrete barriers. Please proceed cautiously and watch for workers.
Closures for January 5-9, 2015
- Up to two lanes of southbound I-5 between Hollywood Way and Buena Vista Street will be closed between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Resources for Motorists
- Project Information: Information about the project is here.
- Closure Information: Closure information for this and other freeway projects is also available on the Caltrans website and the I-5 website.
For the safety of the construction crew and motorists, please be attentive to closures, slow for the cone zone, and move over one lane where possible.
Caltrans thanks motorists for their patience and understanding during construction. For more information, visit I-5info.com.