Following is a press release from Dr. Armond Aghakhanian
Following a major endorsement from the Burbank Teachers Association and reflecting on his surging momentum, Dr. Armond Aghakhanian is proud to announce the endorsements from Burbank’s local elected leaders, including a majority of the Burbank School Board Members, State Legislators, current Burbank City Council Members and seven former Mayors of City of Burbank.
Dr. Armond has earned endorsements from the following list of local Burbank elected leaders and more:
- Mike Gatto – CA State Assemblymember, 43rd Assembly District
- Dave Kemp– Member, Burbank Unified Board of Education
- Ted Bunch– Member, Burbank Unified Board of Education
- Charlene Tabet– VP, Burbank Unified Board of Education
- Jess Talamantes -Council Member & Former Mayor of City of Burbank
- Emily Gabel-Luddy – Council Member & Former Mayor of City of Burbank
- Jef Vander Borght– Former Mayor of City of Burbank
- Marsha Ramos – Former Mayor of City of Burbank
- Vincent Stefano– Former Mayor of City of Burbank
- Dave Golonski– Former Mayor of City of Burbank
- Anja Reinke– Former Mayor of City of Burbank
- Tim Murphy– Former Councilmember of City of Burbank/ Former LA Superior Court Commissioner
In announcing his support of Dr. Armond, Burbank School Board Member Dave Kemp stated: “Armond has demonstrated his ability and willingness to be a great advocate for the children of Burbank. He has served Burbank Unified School District as a member of the Facilities Oversight Committee and has a firm grasp of the issues facing the District. I believe he will be a voice of reason and will work in a collaborative manner with other Board Members to find the best solutions to critical BUSD issues.”
“Armond is my choice for the Burbank School Board. As a parent and an educator, Armond has the vision we need to ensure that our schools continue to provide the education our children need to succeed in life” states Burbank council member Jess Talamantes.
Armond is running for the School Board to guarantee that all of Burbank’s children have access to the best public education leading to career success. “Together, we can prepare our children for entry-level careers, college, university, and workforce training programs while ensuring the highest level of academic achievement from our schools, small class sizes for individualized learning, and the most professional teachers and staff on all campuses. Furthermore, as a member of the School Board, I will work to implement safe schools for all of our children, technological advancement at all our schools, and I will unite our community through diversity” said Dr. Aghakhanian.