Daily parking rates for selected lots at Burbank Bob Hope Airport will be adjusted upward by $2 effective January 15, 2013. Rates for other lots will remain unchanged, and Airport patrons will still be able to park at the current $10 per day economy rate in Lot A, located at Hollywood Way and Winona Avenue, one block north of the main Airport entrance.
“The decision to raise rates in certain lots comes in the face of falling parking revenue that could affect our ability to supply the level of comfort and convenience services our passengers desire. We have ensured that current low economy rates will be available to all who want them, while customers who wish to use the most convenient lots, closest to the terminal, will pay a modest increase,” said Executive Director Dan Feger.
The following is a summary of the adjusted rates that will take effect January 15, 2013: • Economy Lot A, located near the FAA Control Tower at Hollywood Way and Winona Avenue, will remain at $10 per day. Free shuttle service to and from the terminal runs approximately every 10-15 minutes.
• The Short Term Parking Structure daily rate of $31 will remain unchanged. The parking rate for the first 30 minutes is $3, and $5 for the first hour.
• Economy Lot B, located on the east side of Hollywood Way south of Winona, will rise from $10 to $12 per day. Free shuttle service to and from the terminal runs approximately every 10-15 minutes.
• Lot C on Thornton Avenue will increase from $10 to $12 per day. Free shuttle service to and from the terminal runs approximately every 10-15 minutes.
• Lot E, within walking distance of the terminal, will increase by $2 to $23 per day.
• Valet parking, with drop-off lanes directly in front of the terminal, will also increase from $21 to $23 per day. Concurrent with the rate adjustment, Valet customers who accumulate 10 days of Valet parking will be offered a free car wash to show the Airport’s appreciation for their patronage. There is no time limit on how long it takes to reach the 10-day qualification.
Feger noted that the Airport’s parking operator, Standard Parking, is developing future plans for a comprehensive “Frequent Parker Program” that will reward repeat customers with discounted rates and/or other incentives.