It has been a busy spring and summer hiring season for the Burbank Unified School District in administrative positions due to vacancies created by retirements and resignations of various District managers. To recap:
1. Christine Statton was appointed as our new Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services replacing Lori Ordway-Peck.
2. Craig Bell was appointed as our Director of Facilities replacing Craig Jellison.
3. Hani Youssef was appointed Principal of Burbank High School replacing Bruce Osgood.
4. Sharon Cuseo was appointed to the position of Director of Elementary Education/State and Federal Projects.
5. Stacy Cashman was appointed Principal of Jordan Middle School replacing Sharon Cuseo.
6. Dr. Jennifer Meglemre was appointed as the Principal of Roosevelt Elementary School replacing Betsy Quinn.
This left a vacancy in the position of Director of Assessment and Accountability, previously held by Dr. Meglemre. With the summer moving by quickly and having just competed open advertisements, screening, and interviews for both District director and site principal candidates within the last 60 days, it was decided to make final adjustments in these impacted positions by reassigning and appointing in-house administrators to fill the remaining vacancies.
Sharon Cuseo has accepted an invitation to be reassigned into the vacancy left by Dr. Meglemre and will serve as our District’s Director of Assessment and Accountability effective July 1, 2011.
Dr. Tom Kissinger, Principal of Providencia Elementary School, has accepted the invitation to be appointed to the position of District Director of Elementary Education/State and Federal Projects, effective July, 2011.
Jennifer Culbertson, who was most recently one of the two top finalists for Principal at Roosevelt Elementary School, will become the new Principal of Providencia Elementary School effective July 1, 2011. Jennifer served this past year as assistant principal at Jordan Middle School, but prior to that worked for 15 years as a teacher and curriculum specialist at Providencia Elementary School. Her return to this school community will be an exciting opportunity for Providencia to continue with the remarkable success and improvements accomplished during the past three years under Dr. Kissinger.
BUSD is continuing to fill resulting vacancies in the middle school and high school assistant principal positions. We have been advertising for the past month, have screened and scheduled interviews, and will be prepared to announce these appointments during the week of July 11, 2011.