Burning Candle Starts Small Apartment Fire

By On February 15, 2014

Burbank Firefighters were called to the 4000 block of Toluca Lake Avenue close to 11:00 p.m. Friday night, February 14, for a reported apartment fire in a bedroom of a fourplex complex. Firefighters arrived on scene and determined that all the residents were safely out of the apartment located on the bottom floor.

(Photo by Ross A. Benson)

(Photo by Ross A. Benson)

Firefighters entered the smokey apartment and found a small fire near a bedroom entrance. Quick action kept the fire from extending into more of the two-bedroom apartment.

The cause was determined to be a candle burning near some combustible materials hanging near the doorway entrance.

(Photo by Ross A. Benson)

(Photo by Ross A. Benson)

The fire response consisted of three engines companies, two truck companies, a paramedic ambulance and a Battalion Chief.

Damage was listed at $7500 of which was $2500 was in contents, including clothes. The fire companies were under the direction of Battalion Chief Jeff Howe and there were no injuries reported.

(Photo by Ross A. Benson)

(Photo by Ross A. Benson)