The multi-generation, family operated Circus Vargas returns to the Inland Empire with the premiere of iLUMINOUS, a new, high-energy, animal-free extravaganza under the Big Top. Boasting death-defying stuntmen, flying aerialists, exhilarating acrobats, and uproarious clowns under a music filled, blue and yellow Big Top, Circus Vargas presents iLUMINOUS will appear from May 12 through June 9 in Burbank, Ventura and Santa Ana.
iLUMINOUS follows a family who have become more connected with their electronic devices than each other. A circus spirit helps them discover that our devices merely add light to the lives we lead and are not a substitute for human connection. Special effects lighting and unique costume design will make the artists appear to glow in the dark.
Arrive 45 minutes early for an exciting, interactive pre-show experience where children (of all ages) can join the circus! After the show, meet and take pictures with our performers.
Circus Vargas presents iLUMINOUS will feature:
- Yeromenko, a high-octane, Ukrainian, gymnastic team who makes dazzling leaps and spins from three horizontal bars 20-feet from the ground
- The Skating Torreblancas, a Chilean duo of roller skating artists where the brother propels in a circle while whipping his sister through the air in a series of life-threatening lifts, poses and swings including one heart-in-your-throat moment when they are chained neck to neck while spinning on a 6-foot platform.
- Known as the “Justin Bieber of the circus world,” 21-year old Patrick Marinelli gained a rabid fan base after showing off his magic on “America’s Got Talent.” The fifth generation circus artist dons a light up suit to join the guys on the electrifying Trampoline Wall before partnering with the elegant Nicolette Fornasari on a breathtaking aerial strap act.
- The girl power Osmani Acro-Trio combines dance and contortions in an amazing display of strength and grace.
- The comic antics of two brothers from Italy get laughs as the spiky haired Steve Caveagna spins multiple diabolos to incredible heights while the saxophone playing Jones instigates pandemonium.
- Vova whirls light up objects such as a 4-foot cube through the dark in a Tron-like, light up costume.
- A pair of motorcyclists zoom around in a 16-foot Globe of Danger while avoiding a daredevil beauty who stands in the center.
- Direct from a royal command performance for Prince Albert of Monaco, the trapeze artists known as the Flying Tabares fly with the speed and beauty of fireworks through a darkened tent.
- Jon and Laura Weiss preside over the interactive pre-show where Jon, a former contestant on The Amazing Race, balances anything from a dollar bill to a 16-foot tall ladder on his chin.
Tickets are $15-$35 for general admission seating and $35-$70 for reserved ringside seats. Purchase tickets online at www.circusvargas.com, call 877-GOTFUN-1 (877-468-3861) or visit the box office at each location.
Follow Circus Vargas on Facebook and Twitter: @CircusVargas.
Burbank, off I-5 Freeway and Burbank Blvd.
Thursday, May 12 through Monday, May 23