The City of Burbank has set up three options for recycling Christmas trees this year. Three parks are already accepting trees and after January 2, curbside pickup will be available by the Public Works department.
- At the curb/alley: From January 2, 2014 through January 24, 2014, the Public Works Department will collect trees placed in the alley and at the curb.
- In the green waste containers with your other yard trimmings. Please be sure to cut up your tree so the container lid will close.
- In three parks: From December 26, 2013 through January 24, 2014, in
- Verdugo Park at California Street and Verdugo Avenue
- Ralph Foy Park in the parking lot on Victory Boulevard
- McCambridge Park in the parking lot on Andover Drive
Because trees are mulched or composted, all tinsel, ornaments, and metal stands must be removed. Flocked trees cannot be recycled. Call the City at (818) 238-3800 with questions. The Fire Department recommends watering the tree daily if it is kept in the house, and it is also suggested to discard the tree as soon as possible to prevent accidental fires.