Burbank Police Department’s Traffic Bureau conducted a DUI Checkpoint on Olive Avenue at Kenwood Street in front of Warner Bros. on Saturday night. A grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration funded the checkpoint.
The checkpoint was operational from 9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m., and resulted in the following actions:
• 1262 vehicles passed through the checkpoint
• 1262 drivers were screened for signs of driving under the influence
• 11 drivers were detained for the administration of Standardized Field Sobriety
• 3 drivers were arrested for driving under the influence
• 1 driver was arrested for outstanding warrants
• 10 citations were issued to unlicensed drivers
• 1 citation was issued for driving with a suspended license
• 3 vehicles were impounded
The Burbank Police have another DUI Checkpoint scheduled for Friday, August 23
Remember when you decide to drink to follow some of these simple guidelines:
AS A DRIVER, PLAN AHEAD WITH THESE TIPS:
Arrange rides home for your friends, family, co-workers and yourself before the drinking begins
Identify and provide free non-alcoholic drinks or other promotional items to the Designated Driver
Party hosts and servers must limit drinks to your guests or patrons. Don’t serve more than one or two over several hours.
Cut back on the amount of drinks you plan to bring to the party – and provide plenty of food.