- This event has passed.
Curb Your Recycling: Understanding Recycling & Waste Reduction
August 4 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Have you “bin” confused on recycling and other waste questions? Join the experts from the Burbank Recycle Center for basic training on what goes where and why.
This 90-minute Zoom session is an essential starter kit to help you navigate past the confusion of packaging with tips on how to reduce creating disposal in the first place. (It’s a condensed Cliff Notes version of our intensive 8 class zero waste training program, Waste Warriors)
Get inspired as we explore the 6 R’s of waste reduction: ReThink, Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Return (nutrients back to nature). Our session will cover:
- What recycling is (and what it isn’t)
- What happens when your discarded material is picked up and goes “away”
- Understanding of plastics and packaging types
- Electronics and Household hazardous waste
- Organics (yard clippings, food scraps)
- Waste reduction and prevention tips
- Answers at Your Disposal: City of Burbank’s Where it Goes guide (online search tool found at BurbankRecycle.org)
This workshop will be led by Amy Hammes with the City of Burbank Recycle Center. Download the Zoom app today and you will be ready to log in on August 4th.