Fire at Burbank Residence Sends One to Hospital

By On July 28, 2012

The home owner at 1019 Hamline Place can thank an alert citizen on Howard Court  for calling the fire department after he spotted smoke when he looked down the hill from his residence.

Burbank fire units received the call at 1:49 p.m., and found a two-story house on Hamline Place with fire showing in the garage.  The resident was out on the front porch of the home.  Firefighters quickly laid lines to extinguish the fire while paramedics treated the victim for what appeared to be smoke inhalation.

Although the garage was located below the residence, firefighters were able to keep the fire from the second floor.  No one else was in the home at the time of the fire, and the resident told firefighters that there were no pets in the house.

The victim was transported to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center by Burbank Fire Department paramendics by Rescue Ambulance (RA-13).

Fire officials reported $10,000 damage to the contents and $70,000 to the structure.