Major Construction Activities for the Week of July 27 to August 1, 2014
- Fill placement between the San Fernando Boulevard tunnel and the Lincoln Street/Victory Place intersection.
- Removal of vegetation along southbound I-5 between Scott Road and Burbank Boulevard.
- Construction of a boring pit at Victory Place and Wilson Avenue.
- Removal of concrete pavement between Burbank Boulevard and Buena Vista Street on southbound I-5.
- Manhole work at Victory Place and Empire Center Drive (the signaled intersection near Wendy’s and Catherine’s).
- Gas Company work: utility removal/relocation near the intersection of Empire Avenue and Victory Place.
- Material delivery to and near the (closed) southbound I-5 Scott Road off-ramp.
- Gas Company work: utility removal/relocation on San Fernando Boulevard between the northbound I-5 Scott Road off-ramp and Grismer Avenue.
Please be attentive to closures, slow down, and watch for workers in construction zones.
What to Expect: Residents and businesses close to the freeway may notice vibration and construction noise, but it will not exceed levels permitted by state, federal and local regulations. Also, the contractor is using approved dust-control measures to minimize airborne particles, but some dust is expected. Additionally, motorists should be attentive to new traffic patterns created by restriping of travel lanes and concrete barriers. Please proceed cautiously and watch for workers.
Closures for the Week of July 27 to August 1, 2014
Street Closures (near Empire Center)
Between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m., Victory Place will be reduced to one lane north of Empire Avenue. Empire Avenue at Victory Place will be left turn only.
Permanent I-5 Ramp Closures
- Northbound Burbank Boulevard/Walnut Avenue on-ramp
- Southbound Scott Road off-ramp: This ramp will be integrated into the Empire interchange, which will open in mid-2016
- Southbound Victory Place/Lincoln Street on-ramp: This ramp will be integrated into the Empire interchange, which will open in mid-2016
Resources for Motorists
§ Project Information: Information about the project is here.