Small Kitchen Fire on Tufts Changes Cooking Plans

0
170
Small oven fire on Tuff's brings safety reminders. (Photo by Ross A. Benson)
Small oven fire on Tuff's brings safety reminders. (Photo by Ross A. Benson)

Burbank Firefighters were called to a house fire in the 400 block of Tuft’s Avenue this week for a small kitchen fire. The resident was going to cook some sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving and accidentally turned on part of the stove that had storage inside.  The fire started the cookbooks and other items on fire and sent smoke thought-out the house.  The fire department extinguished the fire and had to pull the stove from the wall to check for any extension into the cabinets and surroundings.

BWP LIRAP
Burbank Chamber

The assignment called for two engines, two truck companies, a Paramedic Ambulance and a Battalion Chief. This is a good time to remember to check your oven prior to turning it on and don’t ruin your holidays.

 

 

 

Burbank Chamber
Milano
Small oven fire on Tuff's brings safety reminders. (Photo by Ross A. Benson)