Story Tavern, the Pre-Prohibition neighborhood gem that has been serving craft beers, wines, hard ciders, spirits and cocktails alongside farm fresh fare for just over a year in Burbank will be doubling their space this Thursday to accommodate a 1,500 square Story Tavern Game Room & 700 square foot patio.
Thanks to the support of its patrons, the Slaught family (4th and 5th generation Los Angelenos) run Tavern, has been empowered to grow! Their game room will officially open on Thursday, February 20th and will feature private dart parlors, shuffleboard, and ping pong tables alongside a Beer Bar, complete with an additional 8 tap handles featuring out of state craft brews. The Game Room will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, all day and all other days starting at 5PM.
Their new, super-sized, recessed, all-weather, dog-friendly, 700 square foot patio will hold upwards of 45 seats to meet demand. Altogether, these additions will increase the size of Story Tavern to 4,400 square feet.
The new game room will house an animation wall complete with art that explores the history of animation in Burbank, with the help of the Burbank Historical Society. A massive collage showcasing the work of their talented neighbors including regulars from Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Dreamworks and Disney Animation, will rotate and continually evolve.
To celebrate the expansion, Figueroa Mountain Brewing Company will be in the house this Thursday at 6:30PM to shower Story’s patrons with a wealth of delicious rarities, most of which have previously never been available in LA! Flights will be available.
Bag of Cats IPL
San Rafael Red Ale
Monkeys with TypeRYEters
Our Belgian Pale
CASK: Hoppy Poppy IPA
Fun Facts about Story Tavern
– The restaurant doubles as a museum to Burbank History. Curated by the Burbank Historical Society in exchange for a percentage of restaurant proceeds. The walls of the tavern are adorned with amazing photographs capturing the early days of the neighborhood, aviation and the wonderful entertainers who have graced the city.
– Their exciting culinary secret: 99% of the food menu is available in Gluten Free form!
– Every piece of furniture in the restaurant is hand-crafted in the United States by the Amish!
– Happy Hour is available for Beer, Wine & Cider from 11:30 AM-7:30 PM, every day of the week.
– You can often hear the sounds of Traditional Live Irish Music in the tavern on Thursday & Saturday nights.
– They’re pouring classic cocktails that were mainstays in the Burbank/Los Angeles region from 1900-1950. The Story Tavern Team, which includes Diane Slaught, Brian Slaught, Hans Brestel, Yvonne Slaught & Ted Slaught, researched through the Los Angeles Public Library and the online archives of California through UCLA, to discover which drinks were enjoyed in the Burbank/Los Angeles region from the early 1900’s through 1950.
150 S. San Fernando Blvd. Burbank CA 91502
Press Release by: Phil Merkow, Magic Lantern PR