Lights Out Xtreme Fighting (LXF) will be bringing the fistic fireworks on Independence Day Weekend when it returns July 6 to The Media City for a full night of MMA action and two championship bouts at the Burbank Marriott Events Center.
First, LXF Heavyweight Champion Jack May (11-6) will defend his belt for the first time against Brazilian brawler Jay Silva (12-12-1). May, a veteran of UFC, Bellator, PFL and K-1, won the heavyweight crown at LXF 1 in a brutal beatdown of Mike Quintero. Silva is riding a two-fight winning streak and has been champing at the bit to test his in-cage pedigree against May.
The LXF’s mission is to develop the next generation of MMA fighters while also offering athletes from other sports a platform to step into the cage and pursue their dreams, and former NFL defensive lineman Chris McCain will seize the opportunity and crossover into LXF.
McCain, a four-year NFL veteran who’s played 35 career games for the Chargers, Dolphins and Saints, was recruited by LXF co-founder Shawne Merriman to make his MMA debut on July 6. He will fight Jamal Harris (0-2).
The action-packed night of fights will additionally feature Alfred Khashakyan (9-4) returning to the cage after a dominant showing knocking out Albert Morales during LXF 1 when he takes on Keith Carson (7-5) in a 135-pound showdown.
Complementing the two title bouts and featured attractions at LXF 2 will be a full card of fights:
- Brian Del Rosario (4-2) will make his second straight LXF appearance and look to continue his winning ways against Alex Trinidad (4-2) in a 150-pound catchweight fight.
- Sergio Perez (4-2) will take on Taylor Alfaro (4-3) as both fighters look to bounce back from defeats in a 140-pound catchweight fight.
- Blake Bilder (2-0-1) will step into the cage against Derion Chapman (5-8-1) for a battle between a pair of 145-pound featherweight contenders.
- Julian Baez (1-3), who suffered a knockout defeat during LXF 1, will look to get back into the win column against Roberto Hernandez (0-0).
- Gilbert Nakatani (1-0) will take on Mykola Aivazian (1-1) as both fighters seek their second career win.
- In a faceoff between two American female fighters, Tiani Valle (2-1) will take on Loveth Young (1-0-1).
Tickets for LXF 2 can be purchased beginning at $65 online at LightsOutXF.com or at the Burbank Marriott Events Center box office during fight night. VIP Dinner and Bottle Service Tables are also available.
Doors open at 6 p.m. PST, and the first bout will take place at 7 p.m. PST. All bouts are subject to change.
For general inquiries, or to apply for press credentials, click here .